Desirable Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Knowledge of principles and practices of police operations and city, state, federal laws and regulations affecting police work.
• Knowledge of industry standard operating systems and business applications (i.e., Windows OS, MS Office, Law Enforcement Records Management, Cloud-based Storage, Computer-Aided Dispatch Systems, and Investigative and Evidence Management Software.)
• Ability to analyze situations quickly and objectively and to determine a proper course of action.
• Ability to cope with situations firmly, courteously, tactfully and with respect for the rights of others.
• Ability to present ideas effectively, orally, and in writing.
• Ability to keep accurate records using computer databases and filing systems.
• Ability to maintain positive customer-focused relationships with co-workers, supervisors, agencies, the general public, and all other internal and external customers. Personally demonstrates appropriate customer service skills.