• Works safely within job scope/responsibilities to repair, construct and maintain City property for all departments throughout the City.
• Repairs toilets, sinks, faucets, showers, and cleans drains; maintains drinking fountains; cleans, repairs, and paints wall, door, trim and ceiling surfaces.
• Cleans and maintains pressure washer equipment, hoses, spray wands and washes down equipment; changes light bulbs, light fixtures, ballasts, receptacles, light switches; pulls wires and conduit.
• Builds offices and cubicles using conventional construction practices; hangs and finishes drywall, installs doors, constructs ramps, handrails, stairs and miscellaneous furniture.
• Sets up facilities and grounds for meetings and special events.
• Safely drive City vehicles to various designated work sites throughout the City, as assigned.
• Performs vehicle inspections before starting a route and after it is completed and turns in the inspection sheets to the supervisor.
• Uses power tools and small to medium size equipment. Maintains assigned tools and equipment.
• Performs all other duties as may be required to meet organizational needs.