Desirable Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• The ability to identify and evaluate risks and coordinate the workers' compensation program.
• Ability to under general supervision, independently developing work methods and sequences. Identifies and evaluates risks; coordinates Workers' Compensation program and Return to Work program.
• Ability to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization beyond giving and receiving instructions. Must be able to work under stress when confronted with emergency situations or tight deadlines.
• Ability to maintain positive customer-focused relationships with co-workers, supervisors, agencies, the general public, and all other internal and external customers. Personally demonstrates appropriate customer service skills. Gathers, organizes, analyzes, examines, evaluates and data or information and may prescribe action based on these data or information. Must be comfortable using entire Outlook and Microsoft office suite as well as other specialized software to complete associated work.
• Provides information, guidance or assistance to people that directly facilitates task accomplishment; may give instructions or assignments to helpers or assistants.
• Mathematical aptitude is essential. Must be proficient with excel and the use calculation of ratios, rates and percentages.
• Excellent oral and written communication.
• Responsible for long range goals, planning and methodologies. Decision-making is focus of the job, affecting entire organization and surrounding population; works in an unstable environment with frequent and significant changes in conditions. Must be capable of evaluating a situation and presenting evaluation and recommendations to others including superiors.