• Reviews residential and commercial building plans for code compliance; ensures adherence to all applicable local, state, and/or federal building, electrical, plumbing, mechanical and gas codes, the national electric code, energy codes, fire prevention codes, flood plain ordinance, and ANSI accessible and usable codes.
• Prepares and enters plan review comments and inputs into Plan Tracking System.
• Answers basic zoning inquiries regarding development standards, permitted uses, and use-specific requirements.
• Reviews and approves sign permits, surveys and plats, and all commercial construction plans.
• Reviews and approves zoning compliance permits for certain new businesses.
• Researches and prepares zoning verification letters.
• Confers with zoning, fire, utilities, infrastructure, and other staff to ensure projects under review are in compliance with ordinances and policies.
• Refers to policy and procedure manuals, codes/laws/regulations, publications, and reference texts, etc.
• Performs all other duties as may be assigned to meet organizational needs.