Desirable Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Knowledge of the standard practices, methods, tools, and equipment of the truck & equipment mechanic's trade.
• Knowledge of the principles of internal diesel & gas combustion engines.
• Knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions of the truck, equipment and automotive mechanic's trade.
• Skill in the use of tools and in the operation of equipment employed in the adjustment, repair, and maintenance of trucks, equipment and automotive related equipment.
• Skill in locating and adjusting defects in motor equipment.
• Ability to work independently and to understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
• Ability to maintain positive customer-focused relationships with co-workers, supervisors, agencies, the general public, and all other internal and external customers. Personally demonstrates appropriate customer service skills.