Desirable Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Knowledge of biological wastewater treatment plant operations, permits, and requirements.
• Knowledge of environmental laboratory operations, certifications, and requirements.
• Knowledge of industrial pretreatment programs, permits, and requirements.
• Ability to communicate with a variety of people, including the general public, engineers, developers, contractors, and other interested parties regarding the department plans, programs, projects, and services.
• Ability to work effectively despite occasional exposure to heat/cold, odors, fumes, gases, smoke, noise, wetness, humidity, electric currents, machinery hazards, dust, vibrations, pathogenic substances, toxic agents, etc. Reacts calmly and quickly in emergency situations.
• Ability to maintain positive customer-focused relationships with co-workers, supervisors, agencies, the general public, and all other internal and external customers. Personally demonstrates appropriate customer service skills.