Desirable Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Knowledge of the principles of geographical information systems.
• Knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions applicable to the work.
• Ability to follow oral or written instructions, read blueprints, diagrams, and sketches.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with members of the work crews and others having contact with the department, orally and in writing. • Ability to use and apply independent judgment and discretion in handling daily work assignments and performing tasks in routine and non-routine situations.
• Ability to perform mathematical computations as related to map features and boundaries.
• Ability to maintain databases.
• Ability to maintain positive customer-focused relationships with co-workers, supervisors, agencies, the general public, and all other internal and external customers. Personally demonstrates appropriate customer service skills.