• Performs manual labor of unskilled and limited semiskilled tasks of a physically demanding nature.
• Works as a member of a building and grounds maintenance crew; paints, rakes leaves, cuts lawns, and prunes shrubs.
• Removes trash and debris from grounds and housing units.
• Performs general grounds keeping work, included but not limited to mowing grass, installing landscape materials, watering plants and lawns, trimming hedges and pruning shrubs and trees, edging sidewalks and driveways, removing weeds and applying mulch to planting beds.
• Assists employees of higher classifications in the completion of assigned tasks.
• Performs general custodial duties in and around assigned buildings and grounds.
• Performs all other duties as may be assigned to meet organizational needs.