Desirable Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Considerable ability to operate a backhoe.
• Knowledge of cemetery grounds maintenance materials, methods, equipment, procedures and operations.
• Skilled in the use of basic hand tools and operation of grounds maintenance equipment.
• Ability to perform manual tasks involving physical strength and endurance under variable weather conditions.
• Ability to understand and carry out specific oral and written instructions and work without close supervision.
• Ability to communicate with people under highly stressful conditions with exceptional tact and a caring demeanor.
• Ability to maintain positive customer-focused relationships with co-workers, supervisors, agencies, the general public, and all other internal and external customers. Personally demonstrates appropriate customer service skills.