Desirable Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Knowledge of the engineering principles and practices applied in the planning, location, design, construction, and maintenance of water and sewer utilities projects.
• Considerable knowledge of water and wastewater treatment plant processes.
• Considerable knowledge of biological and chemical analysis of treatment plant processes.
• Knowledge of authoritative reference works in the general field of engineering.
• Ability to prepare, interpret, and utilize engineering plans, maps, specifications, and reports.
• Ability to plan, supervise, and coordinate the work of a staff of professional, technical, clerical, and trades employees.
• Ability to maintain positive customer-focused relationships with co-workers, supervisors, agencies, the general public, and all other internal and external customers. Personally demonstrates appropriate customer service skills.