• Supervises and participates in the operation of backhoe, mini-excavator, and other heavy equipment to re-cut ditches, lay storm drain pipes, and remove debris.
• Participates in the maintenance and construction work of assigned crew; instructs and trains crew members.
• Confers with supervisor on new or revised work projects; assists in the preparation of cost estimates.
• Analyzes problems that arise on the job and recommends solutions.
• Reports equipment malfunction, checks mechanical status of equipment used and exercises precautions in operation; washes, services, and makes minor repairs and adjustments.
• Performs all other duties as may be assigned to meet organizational needs.