Desirable Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Knowledge of construction and inspection methods and practices used in various types and stages of construction when possible defects and violations may be easily observed and corrected.
• Knowledge of defects and flaws in construction and construction materials and effective corrective measures.
• Knowledge of codes, regulations, specifications, and ordinances governing the construction process.
• Ability to recognize conditions likely to result in collapse or failure of facilities and structures under construction.
• Ability to read construction plans and specifications and recognize deviations from such plans in the construction process.
• Ability to maintain positive customer-focused relationships with co-workers, supervisors, agencies, the general public, and all other internal and external customers. Personally demonstrates appropriate customer service skills.
• Ability to communicate and present ideas effectively, orally and in writing, and to keep accurate records and prepare reports.
• Ability to perform basic computer data entry.
• Ability to respond to emergency calls after normal work hours and on the weekends.