Desirable Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Knowledge of operating procedures for dispatching emergency and safety services.
• Knowledge of the names and locations of the streets and principle buildings in the city.
• Knowledge of fire, police, rescue, and other appropriate organizations' operations.
• Ability to operate computer equipment.
• Ability to react quickly, calmly, and effectively under emergency conditions.
• Ability to speak clearly and concisely with a well-modulated voice.
• Ability to write legibly, maintain logs, records, and perform routine clerical work.
• Ability to maintain positive customer-focused relationships with co-workers, supervisors, agencies, the general public, and all other internal and external customers. Personally demonstrates appropriate customer service skills.