Desirable Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Knowledge of the standard practices, methods, tools, and materials of the mechanical trades.
• Knowledge of the less complex mechanical parts and servicing requirements of automotive and other equipment.
• Knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions of the trade.
• Ability to perform manual tasks involving physical strength and endurance under variable weather conditions; ability to lift 50 lbs. for extended periods.
• Ability to maintain positive customer-focused relationships with co-workers, supervisors, agencies, the general public, and all other internal and external customers. Personally demonstrates appropriate customer service skills.