Desirable Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Considerable knowledge of the engineering principles and practices applied in the planning, location, design, and construction of both public infrastructure and private development, including roads, stormwater management and all utility systems.
• Knowledge of the private development review and approval process.
• Knowledge of the inspection of infrastructure construction.
• Knowledge of the design, implementation and inspection of erosion control plans.
• Ability to convey the City’s development practices and policies to land owners, developers and design professionals, and successfully guide projects through the review and approval process.
• Ability to plan, supervise, and coordinate the work of a staff of professional, technical, clerical, and trades employees.
• Ability to maintain positive customer-focused relationships with co-workers, supervisors, agencies, the general public, and all other internal and external customers. Personally demonstrates appropriate customer service skills.