Desirable Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Knowledge of the principles of operation and servicing of one or more types of heavy road and related construction equipment.
• Knowledge of the methods, materials, tools, and equipment used in the construction and maintenance of streets, curbs, and other asphalt/concrete structures.
• Knowledge of the traffic laws, ordinances, and regulations involved in equipment operation.
• Skill in the operation and servicing of one or more types of heavy road equipment.
• Ability to understand and follow quickly and accurately oral and written instructions.
• Ability to lead and instruct unskilled and semiskilled workers.
• Ability to maintain positive customer-focused relationships with co-workers, supervisors, agencies, the general public, and all other internal and external customers. Personally demonstrates appropriate customer service skills.