• Responds to calls, emails, or other inquiries or complaints in a timely manner. Demonstrates the ability to inform and educate the public on the specific code requirements, as well as provide potential program options that may help resolve outstanding code violations.
• Proactively surveys, reviews, and inspects structures and properties for violations of the International Property Maintenance Code, City Municipal Code, and Zoning Ordinance and work toward achieving compliance with the responsible parties.
• Follows specific procedures for the code violation type to ensure proper notices and timelines are sent to responsible parties to alleviate code violations.
• Prepares and manages case files to accurately capture the violation(s). Case files are maintained to show all documents, photographs, correspondence, and follow-up inspections results.
• Organizes follow-up inspections for compliance of code violations to determine if the citied party has alleviated the violation.
• Accepts tasks that benefit the overall objective of the division, which is to eliminate blight. Assist with certain program initiatives that directly benefit the Inspections Division when necessary.