Desirable Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Knowledge of the standard tools, materials, and practices of the trade.
• Knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions of the position.
• Skill in the care and use of required tools and equipment.
• Ability to perform preventive maintenance on a variety of vehicles and equipment.
• Ability to read and interpret equipment manuals, specifications, etc.
• Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize daily assignments and work activities.
• Ability to prepare required records and reports in a timely and accurate manner.
• Ability to work independently and to understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
• Ability to maintain positive customer-focused relationships with co-workers, supervisors, agencies, the general public, and all other internal and external customers. Personally demonstrates appropriate customer service skills.