Desirable Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Knowledge of the precautions necessary to work safely with and around mechanized construction and maintenance equipment.
• Knowledge of the types and uses of common hand tools, materials, and standard equipment used in general maintenance, construction, and repair.
• Ability to understand and carry out specific oral or written instructions.
• Ability to perform manual tasks involving physical strength and endurance under variable weather conditions.
• Ability to effectively communicate and present information in a clear and concise manner, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to obtain a “D” certification for Water Distribution Operator.
• Ability to maintain positive customer-focused relationships with co-workers, supervisors, agencies, the general public, and all other internal and external customers. Personally demonstrates appropriate customer service skills.