Desirable Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Ability to maintain positive customer-focused relationships with co-workers, supervisors, agencies, the general public and all other internal and external customers. Personally demonstrates appropriate customer service skills.
• Ability to work with diverse neighborhoods in the proactive identification of problems and the development and implementation of solutions.
• Ability to analyze situations quickly and objectively and to determine proper course of action.
• Ability to cope with situations firmly, courteously, tactfully, and with respect for the rights of others.
• Ability to react quickly and calmly under emergency conditions.
• Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
• Ability to write and speak effectively.
• Ability to develop skill in the use and care of firearms.
• Ability to meet such specific physical requirements as may be established by competent authority.