• Responsible for day-to-day operations, including control and maintenance of a 36-million gallons per day (MGD) surface water treatment facility.
• Monitors and operates plant’s SCADA system, controlling pressure and flow of water in the distribution system.
• Analyzes laboratory data and operator logs to achieve maximum water quality at economical costs.
• Calibrates the water monitoring equipment and chemical feed machines and records changes.
• Performs all required chemical and physical laboratory analysis of raw, coagulated, finished and tap water each hour to insure water quality.
• Performs bacteria analysis of raw, finished and river water for total coliform or E.coli content; records results.
• Operates and monitors all pumps at the Filter Plant and both the lake and river raw water intakes and reports any abnormal conditions to the plant’s supervisor.
• Maintains equipment, buildings and grounds in a clean and orderly manner; keeps adequate supply and daily inventory of chemicals used.
• Performs all other duties as may be assigned to meet organizational needs.