• Operates automated refuse equipment, empties refuse containers, and directs the work of an assigned crew; or
• Operates loadpacker or open-body truck in the collection of garbage and rubbish usually on established routes, or operates recycling truck sorts, loads, and unloads recyclables according to established procedures and routes.
• Assures that truck is equipped, cleaned, and serviced; performs minor maintenance and reports repair needs to supervisor or to the garage.
• Reports violations of refuse collection regulations to supervisor; assists in assigning personnel, investigating complaints, training, and spot checking crews.
• Performs medium to heavy work that involves walking, standing, stooping, lifting, digging, pushing and raising objects and also involves exerting between 20 to 50 pounds of force on a regular and recurring basis and 50 to 100 pounds of force on an occasional basis.
• Performs all other duties as may be assigned to meet organizational needs.