• Supervises and participates as a member of a grounds maintenance crew.
• Performs routine grounds-keeping work as required, including but not limited to picking up trash and debris, cutting grass, edging sidewalks and driveways, sprays chemicals, removing weeds and leaves, blowing walks and curbs, applying mulch, prunes shrubs, etc.
• Oversees and participates in the layout, preparation and maintenance of athletic fields.
• Operates trucks, tractors, mowers, and related ground maintenance equipment.
• Plants and cares for trees, shrubs, turf grass, and flowers.
• Inspects work in progress to ensure adherence to policies, procedures, standards, quality, and safety.
• Ensures the proper and timely maintenance of division equipment; performs minor mechanical repairs as required.
• Interacts and communicates with various groups and individuals such as the immediate supervisor, other City employees, subordinates, suppliers/vendors, outside service providers, and the general public.
• Performs all other duties as may be required to meet organizational needs.