Desirable Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
The City of Rock Hill’s Economic and Urban Development Department is seeking an intern to support communications and marketing related to the Knowledge Park Action Plan. The chosen candidate will work with multiple departments in the City as well as outside organizations to collect and report information about Knowledge Park projects and activities, and to plan and implement communications and marketing activities including updating websites, social media, blogging and similar activities. It is strongly desired that the chosen candidate commit to this internship for 6-month period, extending through the end of summer 2019.
• Knowledge of media relations and the management of communications between the organization and various media outlets.
o Ability to meet and deal successfully with the public, media and business representatives.
o Ability to identify, participate in, support and promote marketing partnerships.
• Knowledge of backend website management, website development, and the ability to update EUD websites.
• Knowledge of the latest social media trends and the ability to operate multiple platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and Twitter.
• Familiarity with specialized computer programs such as Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign to be used in the creation of advertising graphics and layouts for social media, print, digital ad campaigns, as well as EUD brand websites.
• Ability to clearly communicate, orally and in writing; particularly in areas such as newsletters, speeches, news releases, conferences, blogs, and reports.
• Exhibits considerable proficiency in creative writing, editing, and preparation of multi-media materials
• Compile analytic and performance reports for marketing campaigns, web performance, and social media: use reports to influence future decision making.
• Ability to work quickly and accurately under deadline pressure.