Desirable Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Knowledge in the areas of water/sewer engineering, municipal public utilities services, roadway infrastructure and methods of operation, general construction, zoning, etc.
• Knowledge of and skill in using computer-aided design and drafting software, as well as GIS software.
• Knowledge of applicable occupational hazards and safety precautions.
• Knowledge and skill in the use of computers for word processing, data processing, and records management. Knowledge of and skill in using Microsoft Office Software.
• Ability to prepare and review engineering drawings, calculations, and specifications, ensuring compliance with all applicable standards, codes, regulations, policies, and procedures.
• Ability to assemble and analyze information and make written reports and records in a concise, clear, and effective manner.
• Ability to work effectively despite occasional exposure to heat/cold, odors, smoke, noise, wetness, humidity, construction hazards, dusts, vibrations, etc.
• Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize daily assignments and work activities.
• Ability to maintain positive customer-focused relationships with co-workers, supervisors, agencies, the general public, and all other internal and external customers. Personally demonstrates appropriate customer service skills