The Technology Incubator is seeking a part-time employee to assist in the daily operations and provide support to those seeking to build successful small businesses. Types of duties include but are not limited to the following:
• Develop a comprehensive plan to increase clients, private funding, and event participation.
• Plan, publicize and coordinate entrepreneur and technology-related events, including: the student innovation competitions at the middle school, high school and college levels, coordinate 1 Million Cups pitches, Global Entrepreneurship events (WU Innovation Panel), education sessions, Business Growth Academy sessions, entrepreneur and technology meet-ups, etc.
• Maintain up-to-date content on our Technology Incubator web site, including information on client companies, the calendar, blogs and news. Ensure the website is reflective of the Technology Incubator as an authority for fledgling entrepreneurs in the technology industry, with current content and accessible information.
• Identify opportunities for increased exposure to potential clients and funding sources through the media, partnerships and advertising.
• Assist with the MIT Venture Mentoring Service program through the scheduling and coordinating of client–mentor team consultation sessions.
• Organize and keep current client company information, data on new projects, and key metrics to demonstrate to the City Council and the public the success of the Technology Incubator.
• Assist in maintaining and scheduling the Technology Incubator space by client companies, prospects, collaborating organizations, meet-up groups and other users.
• Provide business assistance services and coaching session follow-up activity.
• Performs all other duties as may be required to meet organizational needs.