• Serves as office manager for the Economic and Urban Development Department, ensuring efficient and effective office operations.
• Establishes and maintains a clean, attractive, friendly and responsive lobby area for the department, with a focus on exceptional customer service.
• Greets and assists visitors to the department, including board members, economic development prospects, customers, contractors, vendors, etc. Screens and gives assistance to visitors. Assists customers with questions, information,
maps, site plans, etc.
• Plans and organizes dozens of meetings each year, coordinates participant calendars, sends invitations and announcements, arranges refreshments, receives responses from invitees, arranges for special equipment, organizes handouts, coordinates setup and cleanup.
• Assists the Financial Analyst with annual budget oversight for the Economic and Urban Development Department, checks incoming and outgoing invoices, codes, copies, posts, files and forwards to the accounting department; tracks expenditures and prepares spending/budget reports.
• Distributes time-sheets to department personnel, prepares bi-weekly department payroll.
• Provides management services to business park property owners associations, organizes meetings, prepares agendas and minutes, interacts with contractors, manages bank accounts, invoices and collects assessments, processes
payments, and organizes special events.
• Assists the Financial Analyst with routine bookkeeping duties related to the management of separate organizations staffed by Economic and Urban Development Department personnel.
• Assists the Director of Economic and Urban Development with scheduling appointments and maintaining calendars, making travel arrangements, establishing and maintaining confidential and miscellaneous files, compiling data for reports, etc.
• Answers the general telephone line for the department; provides information as requested and/or forwards calls to the appropriate staff person. Takes messages as needed.
• Maintains the department supply room, keeping it well organized and ensuring office supplies are stocked as needed.
• Prepares, types, processes, copies, files and/or distributes various documents, including but not limited to contact lists, directories, notices, news releases, meeting agendas and minutes, budget documents, contracts, invoices, requisitions, expense reports, bonus requests, personnel action forms, monthly reports, and various other records, reports, memos, correspondence, etc.
• Assists other department staff with planning and coordination of meetings, special events, festivals, etc. Participates in the management of special events and festivals, including financial management.
• Performs various administrative duties as required, including but not limited to establishing and maintaining an efficient filing system for department records, compiling information for reports, preparing reports as assigned, entering computer data, copying documents, filing/retrieving documents, sending and receiving faxes, ordering supplies, etc.
• Receives and review records, reports, documents, charts, payments, etc. such as invoices, expense forms, time sheets, draft minutes, financial statements, budget printouts, draft letters, memos, contracts, bank statements, agendas, notices, mailing lists, phone calls, messages, etc.
• Refers to the policy and procedure manuals, computer manual, dictionary/thesaurus, legislative manual, secretarial handbook, industrial directory, Chamber of Commerce Directory, City map, daily newspapers, etc.
• Interacts and communicates with various groups and individuals such as the City Manager and Deputy City Managers, elected officials, key community leaders, business professionals, developers, contractors, media representatives, City department heads and employees, co-workers, civic and professional groups, attorneys and accountants, vendors, customers, and the general public.
• Coordinates use of the Old Town Amphitheater. Talks with interested parties about use of the amphitheater, sends and receives applications, coordinates use with appropriate City personnel, and schedules events as appropriate.
• Assists department marketing staff with the, management and maintenance of department websites.
• Opens and distributes mail.
• Represents the department on various employee committees.
• Performs all other duties as may be assigned to meet organizational needs.