• Directs the activities of the Human Resources department to all departments citywide; labor relations, compensation, benefits, employee relations, performance management, training and organizational change management.
• Ensure Citywide compliance with City policies and labor laws; Independently manages and respond to EEOC, SCHAC and DOL charges, generally without attorney assistance.
• Determines and recommends employee relations practices necessary to promote high levels of employee retention, morale and motivation.
• Leads implementation of continuous system improvement projects including HRIS, performance management, online application, employee portal, and benefits systems and related technology and user interfaces.
• Leads the ongoing development and facilitation of in-house leadership training, Legal Update workshops, citywide Customer Services training and other related HR training and citywide education.
• Initiates the preparation and maintenance of such reports as are necessary to carry out the functions of the department citywide and keep City Management informed.
• Designs and manages processes of organizational development such as Success/Succession planning, comprehensive customer service, workforce development, and employee retention.
• Prepares and manages department budget.
• Performs all other duties as may be required to meet organizational needs.