• This is a helper position on a two person substation crew. Primary duty is to assist the substation technician in daily work.
• This is manual and limited skilled work in providing varied services in the electric field.
• Assist in performing maintenance and installation of fiber networking systems including computers, telephones, traffic signals, Wi-Fi and substation equipment.
• Assist in making minor repairs to traffic signals, load control receivers, metering and electrical substations;
• Makes minor repairs to electrical equipment, electrical wiring and fixtures.
• Operates maintenance equipment, trenchers, bucket trucks and concrete saws.
• Work in close proximity to voltages up to 25kv by following required safety procedures.
• Assists in underground locating, meter shop and generator maintenance.
• Performs all other duties as may be required to meet organizational needs.