• May assist in the Fats, Oil, & Grease (F.O.G.) program, monitoring grease traps, oil separators, sand traps, and other devices used to ensure the protection of the City's sewer system.
• May implement sampling and inspection requirements for Industrial Users as provided by the City’s Industrial Pretreatment Program.
• Collects wastewater discharge samples to be analyzed to determine ordinance and permit compliance. May communicate analytical results with industries, to include notation of any permit violations and potential surcharges for high strength waste, as outlined in the City’s Ordinance and Industrial Pretreatment Program.
• May conduct feasibility and Certificate of Occupancy inspections relative to how potential commercial customers will use sewer services provided by the City. Measures flow of commercial and industrial discharges.
• Participates in special projects designed to identify specific problems which may occur within the wastewater collection system.
• Maintains field monitoring instruments and equipment.
• Maintains necessary records and reports.
• Performs all other duties as may be assigned to meet organizational needs.