• Supervises and participates as a member of a grounds maintenance crew; rakes leaves, cuts grass, prunes shrubs, sprays chemicals, weeds beds, and picks up trash.
• Oversees and participates in the layout, preparation and maintenance of athletic fields.
• Operates trucks, tractors, mowers, and related grounds maintenance equipment.
• Plants and cares for trees, shrubs, turf grass, and flowers.
• Performs routine maintenance on tools and equipment.
• Confers with supervisor on new or revised work projects; assists in the preparation of cost estimates.
• Analyzes problems that arise on the job and recommends solutions.
• Performs all other duties as may be assigned to meet organizational needs.