• Performs unskilled and limited semi-skilled tasks of a physically demanding nature.
• Works as a member of a street maintenance crew doing such jobs as raking and picking up leaves, pouring and finishing concrete, breaking pavement, pouring and shoveling asphalt, raking, temping, and smoothing asphalt.
• Digs out holes with manual and automatic digging tools; fills depressions with slag, gravel, or other materials; acts as a road crew worker on construction or repair projects.
• Operates trucks, air compressors, pumps, and related light public works equipment as a necessary part of normal duties; does concrete work; assists in installing signs, markers, benches, etc.
• Performs all other duties as may be assigned to meet organizational needs.