• Designs, installs, maintains and supports network systems, servers, environments, and host computers.
• Installs and configures all network devices and appliances with any necessary application software.
• Maintains or contributes to support of Active Directory functionality in network.
• Performs firmware and patch upgrades to all network components and services.
• Manages operational and maintenance requirements of network and network systems.
• Analyzes network operational problems and devises solutions.
• Adds, removes and maintains users in AD on the network and host computer systems.
• Documents and records all activities inside TECHtools, the in-house work order mgmt. system.
• Provides user assistance and instruction as required. Mentors peers.
• Coordinates assigned activities and functions with those of other City departments and outside agencies as appropriate; communicates with City staff to determine information technology requirements.
• Works in both Edge User Support and core enterprise services support.
• Demonstrates skill in load balancing ISPs
• Skill with pen testing applications and limiting external risks in applications and users
• Preferred expertise in many of the following technologies:
¦ Windows Server 2012 & 2016
¦ Security protocols FIPS140-2, TLS 1.2, IPSec, 802.11x, 802.16, PCI, FACTA (red flag)
¦ Routing Protocols SPB, OSPF, IGP, QOS, SPB both Layer 2 & 3
¦ LAN, WAN, Fiber Channel & wireless technologies and topologies
¦ Extreme / Nortel Routing and switching hardware
¦ Active Directory mgmt.
¦ Linux and Windows OS; VMware; Exchange 2013/2016 & Lync
¦ VoIP, Video Conferencing & Camera surveillance technologies
¦ Citrix using thin client and mobile architectures
¦ Smart Phones and Blackberry services
¦ SQL 2012/2016 or Oracle DB / scripting; GeoDB SDE & ArcGIS
¦ WO mgmt system
¦ Programming or Scripting
¦ Badge access systems and remote entry systems
¦ Wireless technologies supporting city wide wireless mesh 802.11a,b,g,n,ac
¦ Mitel, Miccolab, Contact Center VoIP System through SIP
¦ MDM Mobile phone services and Security management
¦ Working with ISP providers; Netscalar, Fatpipe load balancers.
¦ IDS filters, Firewalls, and DMZ experience
¦ Performance benchmarking throughput & bandwidth utilization
¦ Disaster recovery planning
• Obtains quotes and purchases computer and network equipment, software and operational supplies.
• Supervises assigned technical personnel; supervisory duties include instructing; assigning; reviewing and planning work of others; maintaining standards and coordinating activities. Reviews the work of subordinates for completeness and accuracy; evaluates and makes recommendations as appropriate.
• Receives and reviews various records and reports including equipment charts, cabling diagrams, user access forms, invoices, maintenance agreements, software license information, budget documents, memos, correspondence, etc.
• Prepares and/or processes, work orders, purchase orders, various technical records and reports, memos, correspondence, etc.
• Assists in policy formulation and implementation, development of procedure & computer manuals, technical manuals, technical journals, etc. Adheres to established policies and practices.
• Demonstrates excellent communication skills: Recognizes and understands the relationship between operating policies and practices and morale and performance.
• Performs all other duties as may be assigned to meet organizational needs.