Desirable Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Considerable knowledge of the principles, practices, materials, tools, and equipment used in high and low voltage overhead line construction, maintenance, and repair.
• Considerable knowledge of the principles of electricity as related to line work; knowledge of industrial and commercial services (120/208, 277/480, 2400/4160 and 14400/24940 volts.)
• Considerable knowledge of first-aid measures to be applied in the event of electrical shock.
• General knowledge of construction materials; ability to use and understand construction specification manuals.
• Knowledge of the occupational hazards of the trade and of adequate and necessary safety precautions.
• Skill in the use and care of line worker tools and equipment.
• Ability to lead a crew of skilled and unskilled subordinates.
• Ability to keep work records and to prepare reports of work performed.
• Ability to maintain positive customer-focused relationships with co-workers, supervisors, agencies, the general public, and all other internal and external customers. Personally demonstrates appropriate customer service skills.