Desirable Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Thorough knowledge of municipal electric utilities services and related methods of installation, operation and maintenance, including electrical power distribution.
• Knowledge of the machinery, materials and supplies required for daily overhead and underground electrical installations, maintenance and operations.
• Knowledge of applicable occupational hazards and safety precautions.
• Ability to troubleshoot and analyze system performance and take necessary steps to ensure the provision of reliable, safe and uninterrupted utility service for customers.
• Ability to perform well and react calmly in dangerous and/or emergency situations.
• Ability to perform required field work, including climbing power poles.
• Ability to work effectively despite occasional exposure to extreme heat/cold, harsh weather conditions, odors, smoke, noise, wetness, humidity, electric currents, machinery hazards, traffic hazards, dusts, vibrations, working at heights, etc.
• Ability to maintain positive customer-focused relationships with co-workers, supervisors, agencies, the general public, and all other internal and external customers. Personally demonstrates appropriate customer service skills.