Desirable Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Considerable knowledge of the process involved in the pumping and purification of water, including chemical tests and microbiological testing.
• Knowledge of the functions and servicing requirements of mechanical equipment and machinery.
• Knowledge of state and federal regulations pertaining to water treatment.
• Ability to inspect machinery and mechanical equipment and to detect flaws and defects in operation.
• Ability to understand and follow oral and written communications.
• Ability to read meters and charts accurately and to maintain records of shift operators.
• Ability to work well independently as well as with others.
• Ability to maintain positive customer-focused relationships with co-workers, supervisors, agencies, the general public, and all other internal and external customers. Personally demonstrates appropriate customer service skills.