• Trains for and participates in varied firefighting and life rescuing duties and activities in the protection of life and property. Conditions under which firefighters work may require strenuous exertion under such handicaps as fire, heat, smoke, and cramped surroundings.
• Responds to emergencies to perform fire suppression, hazardous materials response, auto extrication, high angle rescue, confined space rescue and water rescue
• Responds to medical emergencies and provides first aid, CPR and appropriate EMT basic level care.
• Cleans and maintains fire station, fire apparatus and grounds
• Performs all other duties as may be assigned to meet organizational needs.