Desirable Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Some knowledge of practices, methods, and tools of the maintenance, electrical, and electronic trade.
• Some knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions in electrical and various mechanical trades.
• Some skills in the use of a wide range of tools, electrical, electronic, and shop equipment.
• Ability to understand and work from sketches, penciled layouts, and rough plans and specifications.
• Ability to work independently and to understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
• Ability to keep routine records and make reports.
• Ability to maintain positive customer-focused relationships with co-workers, supervisors, agencies, the general public, and all other internal and external customers. Personally demonstrates appropriate customer service skills.