Desirable Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Knowledge of the purposes of correctional institutions.
• Ability to exercise good judgment and initiative in a variety of situations and take appropriate action in a firm, courteous, and tactful manner.
• Ability to communicate with courts, probation departments, juvenile counselors, and other related agencies regarding detention or disposition of prisoners.
• Ability to meet specific physical requirements established by a competent medical authority.
• Ability to wear a respirator/air pack and pass a respirator fit test.
• Ability to maintain positive customer-focused relationships with co-workers, supervisors, agencies, the general public, and all other internal and external customers. Personally demonstrates appropriate customer service skills.